Magnolia Bakery's Banana Cupcakes
- 212 words
- 2 min
This one is not my recipe, but is definitely one of the favourites around our friends and family.
This batch makes around 12 cupcakes.
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1.4 cups mashed, very ripe, bananas
- 6 tbsp buttermilk
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 2 cream cheese packages (250 grams each)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 250 grams white chocolate (lindt)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C
- Prepare cupcake trays
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream butter until smooth, gradually add sugar and beat until fluffy (approx. 3 mins).
- Add the eggs, one ata time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the bananas
- Add half the dry ingredients, mixing until well incorporated
- Add the buttermilk, vanilla and the remaining dry ingredients, mixing well
- Bake for 30-35 mins.
- Melt chocolate on a double-pan. Let cool for 5-15 mins - until lukewarm.
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth, approx. 3 mins.
- Add melted chocolate, beating well