Vanilla Bean Frosting
- 192 words
- 1 min
My tried and tested vanilla frosting. I've used it for birthday cakes, cupcakes, wedding cakes, biscuits, and a bunch of things.
Enough for about 20-24 cupcakes, make a one-and-a-half to a double batch if you're frosting a big cake all the way around.
- 1 CSR 'pure' icing sugar
- 250gram ('1 stick') unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- Chop the butter into chunks, and place in a stand mixer
- Using the paddle attachment, beat the butter on high, until it's soft and creamy (5-10 mins). Make sure you stop a couple of times and scrape down the bowl
- While this is beating, sift the icing sugar into another bowl
- After the icing is sifted and the butter creamed, slow the mixer to the lowest setting.
- Start adding the icing sugar to the butter, about one serving spoon worth at a time, until it's all mixed in.
- Increase the mixing speed to medium for two minutes, stopping to scrape down the bowl a couple of times
- Add the vanilla bean to the mixture and beat until well combined